Atlantic Health System is currently seeking a Full Time Medical Lab Scientist for the Lab at Chilton Medical Center, a division of Morristown Medical Center and the prestigious Atlantic Health System.
Atlantic Health System, headquartered in New Jersey is one of the leading non-profit health care systems in the state. We are committed to creating a Trusted Network of Caring. Our promise to our communities is that all who enter our system will receive the highest quality care delivered at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost.
1. Daily oversight and scheduling of the MLS, MLT, and CLA teams.
2. Resolve technical problems that arise, and interprets policy in terms of established objectives and procedures.
3. Provide advice and guidance to the MLS, MLT, and CLAs.
4. Responsible for daily operation in absence of the lab Supervisor.
5. Able to organize and prioritize daily tasks.
6. Independently plan and complete daily work.
7. Able to work overtime, late nights and holidays when requested by the supervisor.
8. Assists in training staff members, lab assistants and technicians.
9. Perform other duties as requested.
10. Work on the bench 70% of the time and spend 30% on lead duties
11. Perform lab testing in the Core Lab and Blood Bank Lab and report results according to SOP.
12. Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory analyzers and equipment.
13. Perform quality control tasks and maintain laboratory documentation according to SOP.
14. Maintain and manage blood product supply and other laboratory supplies.
15. Provide laboratory information to others on the patient care team.