We are looking to hire a Home care Nurse effective immediately. We work with adult and geriatric patients of all backgrounds who require daily care in thier homes. Most of our patients are elderly and / or terminally ill, so we hire the most compassionate and thoughtful talent in the field. You will be responsible for managing a heavy caseload so time management skills are essential. However, it is important to provide each patient with the time and attention necessary to meet his or her needs. If you enjoy working one – on – one with patients outside of a clinical setting, submit your resume.
- Perform evaluation tasks, including vital signs and medication review.
- Administer medication as prescribed by the patient’s physician
- Dress or undress open wounds and assess progress of healing
- Educate patients and families on proper home health care strategies and procedures
- Coordinate with Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Physicians and anyone else involved in the patient’s care plan
- Provide palliative care as needed to keep patients comfortable.
- Make recommendations for devices or tools that might improve the patient’s quality of life.
- Listen to the patient and respond to concerns or requests.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.