Manager, IT Programs
September 7, 2018
The Manager, IT Programs is a full time position with Atlantic Health System (AHS) responsible for planning and implementing major projects and programs that have significant organizational impact or are linked to major goals defined in the organizational strategy . This position develops the project management framework and provides supervision, guidance and day-to-day direction to a team of project managers ensuring that projects are well managed and adhere to appropriate standards and governance. The work is accomplished in a team environment and requires excellent management and communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Acts as business partner between the IT groups, lines of business and other stakeholders working with to develop, prioritize, and execute the IT portfolio. Leads strategic initiatives, simultaneous projects and major Ensures team complies with change control & project management best practices.
- Leads the deployment of new and existing IT services through the execution of projects that are focused on meeting the scope, timeline, and budget set by stakeholders.
- Provides advice and participates in the evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of the technologies and services to support the AHS user community.
- Manages a team of direct reports including staffing, development and all other HR matters. Ensures supply of resources meets work demand and all teams are trained and compliant with standards and best practices.
- Communicates effectively with sponsors, stakeholders and team members. Reports on the status, issues, key activities and any changes to projects. Proactively identifies and communicates risks on projects to ensure they are properly mitigated prior to issues arising. Delivers service and solution innovation to deliver new services, improve services or at a lower cost.
- Reviews project requests to determine goals, time frames, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of resources. Assesses proposed projects against institutional technical architecture and policy standards. Keeps project requestor updated throughout the analysis, discovery and decision processes.
- Assist the Office of the CIO in the design and implementation of project management and service management policies and workflows from intake through closure. Plan for and oversee the integration of consistent methodologies and terminology on a department-wide basis and for providing support to all IT staff. Champion the development and implementation of enhancements to process, system tools and templates, controls, and reporting.
- Works with department leadership to align technology solutions with department business strategies and contributes to the department’s strategic planning process. Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of IT and the service catalog to identify and communicate how IT solutions can support the achievement of short- and long-term business goals.
- Mentor and coach project managers to successfully deliver solutions.
- Exhibit critical thinking by seeing outcomes and providing direction when there are multiple stakeholders and solutions
- Demonstrate consultative skills in solving problems by using technical and business insight to inform the facilitation of developing objectives and approach
- Negotiate competing requirements across business owners and set project direction with business leaders and delivery leads
- Operates under deadlines and challenging workloads.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Mathematics, Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science or related discipline is required. Masters Degree or equivalent related program management experience is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of project management experience that includes at least 5 years of leading projects related to IT, healthcare, healthcare revenue cycle, healthcare finance, or system implementations.
- Minimum 5 years working in a project management office
- Successful track record of project results demonstrating effective project leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodology, System Development Life Cycle, budgetary practices, procurement, and contracting.
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
- Strong analysis, design and implementation experience with technology projects. Extensive knowledge of planning and operations, design and deployment
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 8th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.