July 5, 2018
Morristown Medical Center is seeking a Communications Manager for its Foundation to supervise and manage the Foundation’s communications program with the objective of keeping benefactors well informed about hospital and Foundation affairs and forging and sustaining strong relationships with donors. We are seeking a team member to work with the Foundation team to design highly targeted initiatives to connect donors and prospective donors to the hospital to optimize their philanthropic experience with the hospital and the Foundation. Also to create and build a culture of philanthropy among the hospital staff.
- Supervise the Copy Writer whose main responsibilities include:
Magazine copy (Foundation Journal)
- Shared supervision of an Administrative Assistant
- Manage and coordinate the development, production and timely publication of the Foundation’s communication program, including printed and electronic information. The current program consists of:
Magazine (Foundation Journal) – 3 issues
Legacy Society Newsletter (through vendor) – 2 issues
Philanthropy Resource Guides for physicians and patient liaisons – annually
Brochures/Inserts/Wish Lists for:
Planned Giving Program
Service Line Fundraising
E-blasts – twice monthly
Planned Giving Luncheon and other PG events
Service Line Lectures
Foundation Fact Sheet – annual
Quick Fact Cards – annual
Trustee Photo Directory – annual
Chief Development Officer’s year-end letter to major donors
- Manage the production of press releases and interface with Hospital Public Relations on working with the media on story placement.
- Provide Facebook content, including 36 days of donor thank you posts beginning at Thanksgiving, for hospital pages
- Manage and keep current the content and design of the Foundation website and intranet page with the objective of continually building readership.
- Manage content of hospital screens and ITGR patient TVs at hospital
- Prepare speeches and remarks for Chief Development Officer, Foundation Board Chairman, Campaign Chairman and others as needed
- In collaboration with the Director of Gift Planning, develop and execute a marketing plan to promote legacy giving.
- Serve as a member of the Chief Development Officer’s Direct Reports Group. This team is responsible for directing the Foundation’s day-to-day operations.
- In consultation with the management team, prepare and adhere to an annual communications plan and calendar
- Maintain and update procedures to manage staff requests for communications material. In this capacity, confirm the need for and the look of printed or electronic communications material.
- Maintain graphic and branding standards for all Foundation communications.
- Prepare, manage and adhere to an annual operating budget for the communications division and continuously look for ways to operate in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop and execute a long-range plan for communications to support the Foundation’s philanthropy objectives, keep current with trends in the field, and remain in the forefront of innovations and new business practices.
- In consultation with the Chief Development Officer, develop annual performance benchmarks to measure productivity and outcome performance and approve and evaluate performance benchmarks for staff.
- BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing or related fields
- Minimum of ten years experience in Communications or related fields
- Minimum of three years management/supervisory experience
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills
- Extensive experience in publications and website management
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective team building skills
- Proven strategic and long-range planning skills
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 10th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status