Operating Room Nurse Manager
March 7, 2018
We are seeking an experienced Nurse Manager for a highly visible role within our prestigious Perioperative Services at Hackettstown and Newton Medical Centers in northwestern NJ.
- Work/Life: Hours: 8 am -4 pm, no weekends or on call!
- Award Winning: Hackettstown Medical Center maintains several designations, including Primary Stroke Center from both the New Jersey Department of Health & Senior Services and The Joint Commission’s advanced certification program; accreditations from the American College of Radiology for mammography, nuclear medicine and ultrasound; sleep disorder center accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine; and Quality of Care recognition for our cardiopulmonary department from the American Association for Respiratory Care.
- Employee-centric: FORTUNE’s 2014 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the tenth year in a row!
- Market Leadership : Growing throughout New Jersey/New York area.
- In this highly visible role, you will oversee the Main OR, Same Day Surgery, PACU, PAT, OR scheduling, Endoscopy, and Sterile Processing.
- The Operating Room Nurse Manager, reporting to the CNO, is responsible for the direction of patient care in the operative environment, overseeing both the Newton and Hackettstown campuses.
- You will be responsible for the administrative functions in surgical services areas, staffing, and directing surgical services personnel; providing mechanisms for ensuring quality care, issue resolution, and surgical service staff competency.
- In addition, you will also be responsible for planning and controlling the physical environment, materials, equipment, and supplies to provide competitive, cost effective operating room service to patients and surgeons; representing the hospital and surgical services in all activities related to surgical services.
- You will be planning and marketing surgical services programs to medical staff, hospital, and community; and maintaining active communication among medical staff, interdepartmental directors, and surgical service staff.
- The ideal candidate will have an MSN or related healthcare graduate degree, and a minimum of 5 years in perioperative nursing experience coupled with previous nursing management background.
- Must have a BSN from an accredited school of nursing and a valid NJ RN license. BLS, PALS and ACLS certifications are required.
- The individual we seek will be an innovative and strategic thinker with excellent communication, customer service, leadership and organizational skills.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 10th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.