Atlantic Health System (AHS) is accelerating a transition to a business and operating model oriented towards the changing demands of the healthcare industry. Success in this new model will require an expanded focus on the consumer and digital engagements with a full-service digital experience. Our department is responsible for designing and executing on a digital roadmap that serves as a foundation for innovation and meets the patient where they are.
To drive this expanded focus on digital innovation AHS must be able to select and integrate the best solutions from the market, as well as build customized experiences that form a unified platform. This digital platform will serve as an operating system for AHS, powering a consumer digital front door, telehealth, at-home care, access and navigation workflows, and many other important engagements to deliver a best-in-class consumer experience.
We are a solution driven department, focused on solving problems and building capabilities to be prepared for the future. We seek to deeply understand our consumer, clinical, and operational users and challenges and opportunities that they face. We will look to find innovation solutions to hard problems that ultimately create frictionless and efficient healthcare experiences.
As a Platform Engineer and DevOps SME you will get to build and manage a high performing team of developers within one of the top health systems in the world. As a hands-on software engineer, you will be able to roll your sleeves up and working an agile way, while also managing a team aligned to execution towards a long-term strategy.
Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to quickly develop product concepts, with a focus on continuous improvement and long-term career goals to be part of a startup-like department focused on dramatically improving US healthcare.
Technical Leadership: Ability to lead and collaborate with Product Management, UX/UI designers, and Software Engineers that can create beautiful, consumer- grade experiences. Run daily standups and communicate with senior leadership. Collaborate with other teams heavily.
– Domain Knowledge: Follow the market and the latest and greatest technologies being used to engage consumers and clinicians and build great products. Know the relevant software libraries, devices, and frameworks that give us leverage. Be able to differentiate ‘hype’ from ‘game changer.’
– System Integrations: Work with APIs and data to make it flow and ensure a harmonious user experience. Talk with solution vendors and build an integration plan.
– Technical Skills: Have strong command of a programming languages on front end and back end, as well as ability to learn new technologies quickly by prototyping and digging in.
– Product Development & Prototypes: Build mobile-first web and native applications in an agile environment. Be able to provide estimates and deliver high-quality output on-time and in-budget. Seek to understand patients and Atlantic team needs.
5+ years of DevOps expertise
A Computer Science Degree or equivalent major is preferred or an equivalent amount of relevant experience and education.
ideal candidate will exhibit the majority of the following technical competencies:
– Fluent in infrastructure as code, containerized applications and DevOps on AWS/GCP/Azure
– Experience with GIT source control system using feature branches
– Fluent of Database systems: SQL (Postgres) and NoSQL (Mongo, Dynamo/DataStore)
– Knowledge of web and security technologies: DNS, HTTPS, SSO, SAML OAuth
– Experience integrating complex systems, and API design
Bonus if you have integrated with healthcare systems using FHIR/HL7 or Epic APIs or worked at a startup in the technology and/or healthcare space
At Atlantic Health System, our promise to our communities is that anyone who enters anyone of our facilities, receive the highest quality care delivered at the right time, at the right place, and at the right cost. That commitment is also echoed in the respect, development and opportunities we give to our more than 18,000 team members. Headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey, we are one of the leading non-profit health care systems in the state, and committed to creating a Trusted Network of Caring®. Our facilities and sites of care include:
- Morristown Medical Center, Morristown, NJ
- Overlook Medical Center, Summit NJ
- Newton Medical Center, Newton, NJ
- Chilton Medical Center, Pompton Plains, NJ
- Hackettstown Medical Center, Hackettstown, NJ
- Goryeb Children’s Hospital, Morriston NJ
- Atlantic Rehabilitation
- Atlantic Home Care and Hospice
We also have more than 900 community-based healthcare providers affiliated through Atlantic Medical Group. We are part of Atlantic Accountable Care Organization, one of the largest ACOs in the nation, and are a member of AllSpire Health Partners.
We receiver awards and recognitions for whate we provide to our patients, team members and communities. Below are just a few of our accolades:
- 100 Best Companies to Work For ® and FORTUNE® magazine (13 years in a row)
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare – Modern Healthcare
- 150 Top Places to work in Healthcare – Becker’s Healthcare
- 100 Accountable Care Organizations to Know – Becker’s Hospital Review
- Best Employers for Workers over 50 – AARP
- Gold-Level “Well Workplace”: Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- CEO Cancer Gold Standard ™
- One of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millenials” Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- One of the 20 Best Workplaces in Health Care: Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE® magazine
- Security 500: Security Magazine
- Official Health Care Partner of the New York Jets
- NJ Sustainable Business
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.