As a critical member of the executive leadership team, the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) reports directly to the President of Overlook Medical Center. The CNO, Overlook Medical Center will be responsible and accountable for the overall delivery and management of nursing professional practice, education, professional development, research, administration, and clinical services. The CNO will be a visionary leader, guiding the execution of the strategic plan to achieve the organizational mission and vision. The CNO’s vision will support the existing high standards and goals for nursing practice while he/she will work closely with the Overlook Medical Center, senior leadership, physician leaders, as well as leaders across the Atlantic Health System ensuring and enhancing AHS as a clinical practice environment that is patient centered, with unsurpassed clinical quality and patient safety.
- Director, Nursing Administration
- Director, Surgical Services
- Director, Med/Surg
- Director, Women and Children’s Health
- Director, Outpatient Services
- Director of Emergency Services/I/P Behavioral Health
- Program Manager, Magnet
- Nurse Manager, Nursing Education, Dialysis, Vascular Access
- Nurse Researcher
- Manager, Nursing Informatics
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Extensive executive-level experience within high-performing organizations.
- A clinical operations-oriented leader with strong financial acumen.
- A track record of success improving performance, patient flow and collaboration with service lines.
- Proven ability to lead in a complex matrixed healthcare organization in an acute care setting.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully advocating and representing nursing at the senior administration level.
- A track record of effectively partnering and communicating with physicians; one who enjoys collaborating with physicians and is viewed as a champion for patient quality and clinical excellence.
- Proven hands-on success in leading challenging projects to successful completion. Demonstrated ability to hold teams accountable, work collaboratively and effectively with a wide variety of professionals to achieve strong bottom-line profitability of the organization.
- A track record of success working in an environment that values independent thinking, collaboration, transparency, mutual respect, and a shared passion for excellence and innovation.
- One who is patient-oriented and has passion and empathy.
- A history of developing and mentoring strong, cohesive leadership teams that drive excellence.
- A track record of success in creating a working environment in which morale is high, and team members feel valued and find joy and meaning in their work.
- Knowledge of Lean principals and safety HRO principals.
- A proven track record of being able to improve patient experience and team member engagement.
- A proven track of coaching and mentoring aspiring nurse leaders.
- Provides leadership to the nursing profession at regional, state, and national level
- Master’s degree required. If this degree is not in nursing, the officer must have a bachelors’s in nursing (BSN) Advanced Certification in Nursing Administration recommended.
- An advanced level of knowledge acquired through completion of formal and continuing education in Nursing, health policy, regulatory compliance, process redesign and management are essential
- Extensive clinical nursing and management experience with a minimum of 3-5 years in senior nursing leadership roles.
- Nursing leadership experience in a hospital is required preferably in a healthcare system.
- Knowledge and experience in Magnet principles as well as prior experience in a Magnet facility is preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing staffing methods, retention, recruitment, and finance. Proven strategic-thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined with the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 14th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families, and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.