Overlook Medical Center, a member of the prestigious Atlantic Health System, is seeking to hire with benefits a part-time Rabbi/Staff Chaplain with flexible days for 22.5 hours a week. Availability on Sundays and early Fridays is preferred.
• Primarily responsible in meeting the spiritual/religious needs of Jewish patients and their families in the hospital. This includes providing the opportunity for these patients to observe their Jewish liturgical celebrations/ceremonies.
• Assists in providing spiritual care also to patients who are non-Jewish
• Participates in the shared on-call rotation as one of the chaplains in the department
• Assumes other duties as assigned by the Spiritual Care Manager
- A Rabbi
- A certified/certification-eligible Chaplain with the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), the Neshama: Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC), or the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy (CPSP)
- Preferred Masters theological degree
- Preferred 1-2 years of chaplain experience in healthcare setting
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you will find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and, therefore, abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual or affectional orientation, national origin or nationality, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, protected veteran status, ancestry, marital status.