The well renowned Gagnon Heart Institute at Morristown Medical Center is looking for a Full Time Physician Assistant who is comfortable working from 6:00pm – 6:00am – 3 days a week.
Join our award winning, nationally top ranked Cardiology and Open Heart Cardiovascular Surgical team as a Physician Assistant! Our physician assistant team work in the critical care areas as well as assist in the high acuity and post operative cardiac surgery inpatient units. The advanced practice team works collegially with the surgeons, cardiologists and interventionalists.
Essential Job Functions:
- Candidate will demonstrate and embrace the PRIDE core values (Professionalism, Respect, Involvement, Dignity and Excellence) in every aspect of their job.
- Services include but are not limited to ordering, conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescription of pharmacologic agents and treatments and non-pharmacologic therapies in a cost – efficient manner.
- Works autonomously as well as in collaboration with a variety of individuals to diagnose and manage patients and works as a patient advocate. Demonstrates commitment to a patient and family focused model of care.
Performs patient histories and physical exams, Handles daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries.
- Performs invasive procedures, such as thoracenteses, chest tube insertions, placement of central venous, dialysis and Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines etc.
- Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between physician and advanced practice providers. Has extensive knowledge of the pharmacologic effects of vasoactive/ cardiotonic drugs, ventilator management and artificial cardiac devices.
- Performs duties of a primary care provider.
- Manages other disease entities frequently encountered in the cardiac population, namely hypertension, diabetes, COPD, asthma, hypothyroidism and others.
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Experience Required:
- 2 years relevant Cardiothoracic or Cardiology experience as a Midlevel practitioner
- Candidate must have excellent communication and computer skills
Atlantic Health System, headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey is a leading non – profit healthcare delivery system in New Jersey. The New Jersey network includes: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center in Newton, Chilton Medical center in Pompton Plains, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown and Atlantic Rehabilitation and Atlantic Home Care and Hospice.
We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 12th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. Here, you will find a collaborative culture and quality care that exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.