Support Specialist IV
October 5, 2017
Essential Functions: The System Support Analyst Level IV is responsible for providing support, analysis, and recommended direction for the organization’s client and server applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES In addition to Level III responsibilities, the Systems Analyst Level IV includes:
- Problem solving- reviews, analyzes, and modifies application systems including scripting, testing, installing and performs complex problem solving.
- Technical skills- understand advanced IT technology and how it serves business needs.
- Optimization- investigates and recommends solutions that are cost-effective using internal tools and systems. Leads technical implementation of solutions.
- Escalation- functions as point of escalation for peers. Shares relevant ISS related information to customers in a timely manner. Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully to the customers and vendors.
- Priorities/Projects- ability to effectively manage medium scale projects utilizing Project Management methodologies.
- Documentation- provides assistance, feedback and review of peers’ documentation.
- Workflow- consults independently with business units to match optimal solutions with business needs. Provides recommendations for optimizing application use and increases workflow efficiency utilizing available Organizational Development/Six Sigma resources and techniques to facilitate process and workflow analysis.
- Expectations- manage customer expectations to ensure alignment with organizational and departmental goals and objectives.
- Supervision- demonstrates self direction and works under minimal supervision Ability to utilize leadership skills while representing ISS Management.
- Orientation/Leadership- Coordinates small team of junior level analysts and triages tasks between them.
- Change management- remediates issues and performs root cause analysis with multidisciplinary ISS, Business Unit and vendor team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred or advanced certification in area of expertise
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Achieves advanced ITIL certification
- Business Process certification
- Minimum 7 to 9 years in information systems application support and/or technical services with at least 3 years in Healthcare Information Technology
- Ability to effectively manage medium scale projects utilizing Project Management methodologies
Expertise with the following office automation tools:
– Microsoft Office Suite
– Microsoft Project