Atlantic Health System is seeking an experienced FT Manager for the Epic Implementation Team to work Monday – Friday 8A – 4P.
Essential Job Functions:
The Manager, Clinical Documentation, is responsible for the direction of activities and resources related to implementation and ongoing support of Epic Clinical Documentation solutions for the organization’s patient care and business needs.
The role is to anticipate and act on information and organizational strategies, managing and responding to requirements in a manner that enhances the overall success of strategic initiatives through the delivery of technology services.
* Promotes Atlantic Health System PRIDE values and assures behaviors and actions are in support of our promise to our patients as a Trusted Network of Caring™
* Leads team of application analysts building and supporting Epic’s clinical documentation including Inpatient – all clinicians, Stork Obstetrics, ASAP ED and Home Health applications
* Initiates and facilitates change management through established communication methods
* Develops and assists with communications to the organization and customers regarding the various Epic technology initiatives
* Determines and negotiates for required resources to accomplish goals and objectives
* Routinely monitors, discusses, and reviews work performance and career plans of direct reports
* Demonstrates holistic understanding and awareness of direct reports
* Fosters and maintains positive relationships with customers, and team members, providing guidance, focus and support in decisions as they relate to their technology needs.
* Guides appropriate resources in the planning, design and deployment of technology solutions for the various business efforts, facilitating the group to consensus
* Creates an increasing awareness of similar/parallel applications, which may be of benefit to the service line, region, site or business unit, ultimately spreading “best practices” across the enterprise
* Ensures that all support efforts are accomplished within budget, on time, according to specifications, and meets business objectives
* Provides thorough and comprehensive reporting analysis
* Assists with department budget development and management
* Act as single point of contact or escalation for customers and facilitating contact with the correct resources
* Advises teams on the current Information Systems activities as it relates to their area of responsibility or location
* Gains an understanding of strategic business goals and associated timelines
* Manages customer expectations to ensure alignment with organizational goals and objectives
* Leads and directs work assignments of internal and external resources to ensure support efforts are accomplished successfully
* Manages multiple priorities to effectively integrate the use of Epic technology in achieving AHS strategic objectives
* Represents Information Services & Support as a contributing and active member of various committees
* Possesses knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the client support and server support arenas
* Demonstrates and exercises effective issue escalation
* Reviews and oversees documentation standardization and improvement efforts
* Demonstrates strong verbal/written communication skills, remains poised when dealing with conflict and volatile situations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Health Care, Business Administration or related field preferred or advanced certification in area of expertise
* ITIL Foundation certification or achieves post hiring
* Achieves advanced ITIL certification or achieves post hiring
* Epic certification in ClinDoc preferred.
* Minimum 3 years in information systems application support (with Epic experience strongly preferred) and/or technical services with at least 1 year in Healthcare Information Technology.
* Prior management experience preferred
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 9th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status .