July 18, 2017
Overlook Medical Center is currently seeking a full-time Nursing Coordinator for the Neuroscience-Inpatient Unit, working primarily nights 1 week per month and days 3 weeks per month, including weekends as needed. OMC Neuroscience units have Joint commission Designation in Comprehensive Stroke and as a Center of Excellence in Spine surgery. Become part of a team of professionals dedicated to providing specialized care for adults with dysfunction of the central nervous system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the Nurse Manager to lead and support in itiatives on the unit
- Provide patient care and supporting throughput
- Support nurse educator
- Conduct staff evaluation, developing action plans and conduct re-evaluation
- Lead Performance Improvement initiatives
- Candidate will have the ability to utilize the nursing process to assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the plan of care for patients served.
- Through the model of Shared Governance, collaborate with all members of the health care team with a focus on promoting evidenced based care within a healing culture for the patient population served and their families.
- Candidate will demonstrate and embrace the PRIDE core values (Professionalism, Respect, Involvement, Dignity and Excellence) in every aspect of their job.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and computer skills.
Valid New Jersey Nursing License Required
NIH Certification Preferred
At least 3 years of Acute Care experience as a Registered Nurse in a Hospital setting.
At least 3 years of Acute Stroke Rehab experience.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 9th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status .