May 9, 2017
Hackettstown Medical Center, a member of Atlantic Health System, is seeking a Per DiemCrisis Counselor. Shift varies. Minimum of 2 weekends per month, plus Holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform crisis assessments and interventions within hospital for all ages.
- Conduct assessments for risk to self, others, and property due to a mental health condition; determine appropriate interventions and referrals.
- Conduct assessments for Drug and Alcohol use/dependence and refer to appropriate programming.
- Discharge planning up to and including hospitalization.
- Other tasks include: Case management-insurance preauthorization- answer hotline calls-respond to team interventions with agitated persons-critical incident management.
- Exemplary candidate will have experience in rapid, comprehensive diagnostic assessments for the purposes of crisis intervention and referral to appropriate services.
Through the model of Shared Governance, collaborate with all members of the health care team with a focus on promoting evidenced based care within a healing culture for the patient population served and their families.
Candidate will demonstrate and embrace the PRIDE core values (Professionalism, Respect, Involvement, Dignity and Excellence) in every aspect of their job.
- Master’s degree in Mental Health and current license (LPC, LCSW) in Mental Health field preferred.
- Disaster response certification (NJ DRCC) and Screening Certification a plus.
Related Experience :
- must have excellent documentation skills and basic computer knowledge.
- must be able to work in a high acuity setting and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- possesses the ability to assist in physical interventions with consumers.
Atlantic Health System aims to deliver the highest quality, safety and care combined the best experience for our patients and their families. We are confident that you will find success within Atlantic Health System, which has been named for the 9th year in a row to Fortune’s “Top 100 Best U.S. Companies to Work For” list. We believe you’ll find that our culture of collaboration and care exemplifies the value we place on our patients, their families and our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status .